The Book of Book Ideas
We’re exploring how to publish a book called The Book of Book Ideas – inspired by Flaubert’s The Dictionary of Received Ideas.
The Book of Book Ideas will be a collection of creative ideas submitted by our Leeds community about what the 23PRESS could publish or make work about in the future. We hope the book will reflect multiple languages.
There are two ways to get involved, in person at our weekly meetings at All Hallows’ / Rainbow Junktion between January and March 2022 – or you can share your idea by responding to our Call Out for Ideas. See below for information about both options.
OPTION 1 – In person at All Hallows / Rainbow Junktion – come along to our in-person sessions to make co-creative decisions about how the book is put together. This will involve exploring lots of aspects of publishing, including producing a call out for submissions, editing, typesetting, design, liaising with printers and designers, promotion and distribution and organising a book launch. See below for details and sign up here to take part.
OPTION 2 – Call out for Ideas. We’re inviting people to send us their ideas for books that could be published. We want to collect all these ideas and put them in a book, an index or anthology of ideas! Follow the link here to find out more and submit your idea either as an audio message or a typed response.
Our deadline for submission of ideas is midnight on Sunday 20th March 2022.
- Submitted ideas can be in any language!
- We hope to use some of the ideas in a published work that will be shared in 2022/23.
- By submitting your idea you are consenting to it being used in the final published work.
- You must be over 18 to participate.
- Taking part and making a submission is not a guarantee that your idea will be included in the final published work but we are grateful for all submissions!
- If, after making your submission, you wish to withdraw it then please get in touch with us via the contact page.
- Please be considerate in the message and idea you leave.